I am Michel Godts, a full time freelance graphic designer who has been designing websites since 1993. Located in Rochester, NY, I can work with any business or nonprofit in the United States to provide a custom visual design or redesign for your website.
My web design services
I’ll work with you like a trusted partner to design a website that supports your marketing strategy, looks professional, reinforces your brand, and can be viewed on mobile devices, tablets, and desktop devices. Your website will have an intuitive organization and user interface to find the information quickly and easily.Michel Godts
How does it work?
Website design or redesign
You contact me about your project. We talk it over briefly on the phone and I send you a cost estimate.
After confirmation of a budget and schedule the following process applies:
- You answer my briefing guidelines and we meet to discuss your communication and marketing strategy, the content organization, and features you need.
- The design starts. Concepts are presented with the home page and one or two typical inside pages as examples.
- We meet again to discuss what you like/do not like and what concept should be refined further.
- You review the refinements and either approve the design or request minor revisions.
- The HTML5/CSS3 templates are programmed and tested with all modern desktop browsers and on mobile phones and tablets.
- The templates are transferred to your website developers. Under my supervision they will program the theme into your content management system (CMS).
- When the CMS is ready, you can hire me to publish all the content.
If possible, I prefer face-to-face meetings. Otherwise, Skype or phone conferences will be scheduled.
What you should provide before I can start a website theme design or customization:
- Answers to the questions included in a “Website Design Worksheet” document that I will provide. They cover the following topics: company background, marketing communication, website project details, website audience.
- Your logo and brand guidelines if any.
- Your existing graphic communication materials if you wish for the website to carry a similar look.
- A list of other websites if you believe that they could inspire your website’s look and feel or its content organization.
- If possible, a draft of your content if not already published on the website.
Featured website designs
Private school. Marketing and information website
CHRISTUS Foundation for Healthcare
Informational and giving website for a fundraising organization supporting six ministries in the Houston-Galveston area
Concentus Women’s Chorus
Promotional website with responsive design
Economic damage expert witness. Capability website