I am Michel Godts, a full time freelance graphic designer who has assisted businesses and nonprofits with all types of print communication designs to market and support their brands. I work from my home office in Rochester, NY, and can help you wherever you are in the United States.
My print design services
- Logo and stationery design
- Direct mail postcards, flyers, sales sheets
- Brochures, catalogs, annual reports, magazine and newsletters
- Newspaper and magazine ads
- Tradeshow display graphics, infographics
- Book cover and layout
- And more…
Like a trusted partner I’ll learn about your business, market, brand, and marketing strategy. I’ll then design professional-looking and easy to comprehend print communication materials that will improve the way people perceive your services or products and should increase sales and customer retention.
How does it work?
You contact me about your project. We talk it over briefly on the phone and I send you a cost estimate.
After confirmation of a budget and schedule the following process applies:
- We work together on a creative brief to specify your project communication needs.
- The design starts. Design concepts are provided.
- We meet again to discuss what you like/do not like and what concept should be further refined.
- You review the refinements and either approve the design or request minor revisions.
- After design approval the final content is provided to me. (I can help you with this.)
- I then produce the prepress file with the Adobe Creative Cloud apps.
- A PDF proof is sent for review. We discuss possible refinements. You also provide changes or edits at this time.
- The refinements and changes are made and approved.
- A print-ready PDF file—or the original prepress files—are sent to your printing company.
- If that company is in Rochester, NY, I can participate in a press-check.
If possible, I prefer face-to-face meetings. Otherwise, Skype or phone conferences will be scheduled.
What you should provide before I can start the graphic design effort:
- Your mission, philosophy, marketing strategy, or anything that summarizes what should be communicated visually.
- Your other graphic communication materials if you wish for the postcard, flyer, or brochure to carry a similar look.
- Your logo and brand guidelines if any.
- A draft of your content.
- Original or stock photographs, illustrations, graphics to support your content or to be used on the cover. (I can also provide/design them at an additional cost.)
Featured print designs
Capability brochure for a contract metal manufacturer
2004–2005 classical and pops season program brochures
Direct mail trifold for an open house invitation
Sell sheet for personalized marketing services